Exile direct to server bat file

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by williamv1999, Dec 30, 2015.

1. williamv1999

williamv1999 New Member

Here is a bat file I made for Arma 2 Epoch back in the day, and I applied some change to make it work with Arma 3 La Cantina #1 Exile server. It can be modded as needed. Be sure and read it, and change the parameters to match your system, and your ARMA 3 directory. It allows direct loading into the La Cantina #1 Server. Can be update to join any of there servers, and even others. Let me know what you think. Just Copy and paste, then save at a .bat file

::Orginal Authors: Snow,MGT,B1NaRY
    ::Edited- williamv1999 for additions of LACG Menu,Memory settings,CPU settings,Help,
    @echo off
    color 0e
    title LA Cantina Server Selection
    :Config
    ::====================================================================================================================================================
    ::Arma 3 Configuration| Edit these to the proper file paths and Ranges =================================================================================================
    ::WARNING======== ONLY EDIT ITEMS AFTER THE =
    ::===============================================================================================================================================
    :: YOUR Arma 3 Directory
    set arma3path=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3
    :: Set max memory for your machine ex:the total amount of RAM the system has minus 1024
    set maxMem=2047
    :: Set the maximum threads that your CPU supports Ex:AMD 8350 has 8 threads
    set exThreads=7
    :: Set the number of physical CPU's your machine has. Ex: AMD 8350 has 8 cores, choose how many you want active for process
    set cpuCount=8
    :: Required Mods for EXILE LA Cantina
    set LACANTINAEXILEMODS=@DragonFyreLite;@NATO_Rus_Weapons;@HVP;@Exile;
    ::===============================================================================================================================================
    :: DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELLOW THIS LINE OR YOU WILL BREAK THIS FILE ============================================================================

:Menu
    cls
    echo ======================================================
    echo.
    echo LA Cantina SERVER SELECTION TOOL
    echo.
    echo BE SURE TO CHANGE YOUR CONFIGURATION FOR YOUR MACHINE
    echo (EX:maxmem,exthreads,cpucount,and directories)
    echo.
    echo Website information:
    echo.
    echo http://brothersofwar.net/
    echo.
    echo ======================================================
    echo 1)Exile MOD (LA Cantina Exile MOD w/Dragonfyre,Hollows vehicles, and MAS 1.11)
    echo.
    echo 2)TBT2
    echo.
    echo 3)TBT3
    echo.
    echo 3)Exit
    echo.
    echo 4)Help
    echo.
    set /p Choice=Please enter 1, 2 or 3 for the server you wish to join, and press ENTER:
    if %Choice%==1 (
    goto LACANTINAEXILE
    )else if %Choice%==2 (
    goto TBT2
    )else if %Choice%==3 (
    goto TBT3
    )else if %Choice%==4 (
    goto Exitchoice
    )else if %Choice%==5 (
    goto Help
    )else (
    goto error
    )
    :LACANTINAEXILE
    cls
    :: Server IP Exile
    set EXILEIP=64.31.51.155
    :: Server Port Exile
    set EXILEPORT=2902
    echo Be sure to check out the website and forum on http://brothersofwar.net/
    echo.
    echo JOINING BADASS LA Cantina Exile MOD SERVER IN....
    timeout 3
    start "" "%arma3path%\arma3battleye.exe" 2 1 -skipintro -mod=%LACANTINAEXILEMODS% -nosplash -cpuCount=%cpuCount% -exThreads=%exThreads% -maxMem=%maxMem% -noPause -world=empty -connect=%EXILEIP% -port=%EXILEPORT%
    @exit

:TBT2
    cls
    echo Ooops, not implemented yet
    pause
    echo press a key to return to menu
    pause
    goto Menu

:TBT3
    cls
    echo Ooops, not implemented yet
    pause
    echo press a key to return to menu
    pause
    goto Menu

:Exitchoice
    cls
    echo Are you sure you want to exit the LA Cantina Server selection tool?:
    echo.
    echo 1)Yes
    echo.
    echo 2)No
    echo.
    set /p choice2=Please enter 1 or 2 and press ENTER:
    if %choice2%==1 goto Exit
    if %choice2%==2 goto Menu

:Help
    cls
    echo.
    echo =====================================================================
    echo Have you changed your directory for your arma3.exe
    echo this should be listed as the loaction of the file
    pause
    cls
    echo.
    echo Have you changed your maxmem,exthreads,cpucount to match your machine
    pause
    cls
    echo.
    echo Have you checked file names for your mods (Ex: DragonFryreLite,MAS, WSweapons,etc..)
    pause
    cls
    echo.
    echo MODS should be located in your Arma3 main directory
    pause
    cls
    goto Menu

:error
    cls
    echo.
    echo ===========================================
    echo.
    echo Invalid number selection, please try again.
    echo.
    echo ===========================================
    pause
    goto Menu

:Exit
    @exit

Attached Files:

Tophi likes this.
  2. Tophi

Tophi Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice bro!!!!

3. williamv1999

williamv1999 New Member

I have been doing some playing with the start line command parameters to see if i could get a FPS increase in the server, I am not running Intel CPU, so I know its gonna be hard to do. i found with the following additions, i went from 30 - 32 FPS to 45-50 FPS, still around 30 in large towns.

start "" "%arma3path%\arma3battleye.exe" 2 1 -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -skipintro -mod=%LACANTINAEXILEMODS% -high -nosplash -cpuCount=%cpuCount% -exThreads=%exThreads% -maxMem=%maxMem% -noPause -world=empty -connect=%EXILEIP% -port=%EXILEPORT%

The -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi seemed to help alot, also changing the -high for CPU priority to high.

I know alot of people dont trust using something written like this, but 1 click, enter 1, press enter, and BAM you are in server.... Along with better FPS.
    Just need to change your PC setting to match your system.
    I also change my maxmem to 8091 since I have 16 gigs of memory. If you want to see my PC specs. http://brothersofwar.net/threads/the-gaming-rig.72/

4. williamv1999

williamv1999 New Member

If anyone needs help with this, or wants to make it so you can join all the La Cantina servers with a selection, just post in this thread. You can literally make this join any server in 1 click. No adding and removing mods through launchers to change servers. Just have the mods that are needed in your Arma 3 folder, the rest is easy.

5. williamv1999

williamv1999 New Member

I wish I knew more about making programs, i could make this its own pretty launcher, but i dont know what programs i need to make that work. Like visual basic or something, but no experience with those. i have always wanted to make a self centered launcher, easily configured to join any server. kind like the CCG gaming launcher or whatever it is called. Also it could check for updates, but not update the mods unless you wanted it to. No more MODS out of date, or updated before server files are.