My thoughts on a few changes to the Exile server.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kovacs, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Kovacs

Kovacs New Member

My thoughts on what would make a better (and more popular) server.

Vehicles

At the moment the armed Hunter/Strider etc are over powered, especially when a new player is trying to deal with one. Normally you would use RPG's to combat this sort of thing but I think this is not the direction we want to go in as it is just creating a new problem that will need fixing. I am suggesting that you charge 5/10k for ammo reloads and maybe add an armed helicopter - for example the Ghost hawk or the Pawnee without rockets.

Increase the storage capacity of the larger vehicles - currently an Offroad / Strider can hold as much or more as the flat bed lorry / Zammak transporters. Which makes them pointless.

Helicopters - is it possible to reduce the fuel consumption on them? All I seem to be doing is flying between petrol stations. Especially in the smaller ones.

Black Markets

Give people reason top use them. Give an increase in the Pop Tabs you get from selling to them - by 10-15%. Maybe have a service there that cannot be found anywhere else.

Spawn Points

Maybe too many - makes it too easy to get back into a fight. Probably not a popular change however.

Missions

Spread the Bandit patrols over the whole map. Will make it harder for 'bandits' to turn up and kill people when they have finished the mission. Currently as the missions are all on top of each pother, it is very easy for a group in an armed Hunter (etc) to drive between them all taking the mission crates from the people that have put the work in. I know I am guilty of this myself - but it doesn't mean it should continue to be that easy.

Mission rewards need to be tweaked a little bit. For example it is annoying to get guns that do not have ammo (and ammo that has no gun).

Weapons

Adjust the loot rates of certain weapons, high end DMR's and LMG's should not be spawning in residential area's as much as they do. Maybe increase the prices on some weapons too.
    Would be nice to see people taking advantage of the MAS weapons instead of everyone using the Marksman DLC guns only.

Bases

They should not be invulnerable to damage. Currently we are missing out on one of the best parts of these sort of games - base raiding. The Plot pole should remain as it is - at least until the Exile mods release the territory stuff they are planning on.

Misc

Have meds spawning at the hospital.

On the zombie server would it be possible to have missions where you have to clear demons and zombies out of over run towns? Much like the current invasion missions but with zombies instead.

Also zombies are able to kill in the safe zones - including the traders and guards - who do nothing to defend themselves.

2. Kovacs

Kovacs New Member

Also the Ghillie suits are too OP. There is no reason to wear anything else - except for aesthetic reasons. They have more room than anything else. Plus they have their obvious camo advantages. I know this is probably not in your control but I thought I would say anyway. But if you could then drop the capacity to 40 and triple thier price. Make buying one something you do for a specific reason. It would be good to see lots of different geared players instead of 90% of the server in ghillies.

3. Tophi

Tophi Administrator
    Staff Member

thanks for reporting this bro i will take a look into this asap

4. Kovacs

Kovacs New Member

You are welcome man - its really just things I have seen mentioned in side chat and some stuff that has been talked about on TS.

Also, it would be nice to make some PvP points that do not center around AI. The chopper crashes are a nice start but there are 2 problems. They are 2 easy to find, meaning that whoever is closest will get the gear and go way too quickly. Before and potential combatants arrive.

Might I suggest that you do not show them on the map - but give an approximate location. Also you will need to up the rewards from it, ever so slightly. Maybe have them from something that the other missions do not.